The VCS Direct
Cremation Package includes:
Our Cremation Package
- Online arrangements at www.vacremationservice.com
- Transfer of your loved one from place of death into our care. (Within 50 miles of Fredericksburg, along the 1-95 Corridor)
- Complementary online obituary on VCS's site with links to share on social media platforms
- Required forms completed and filed including:
1. Authorization to Cremate
2. Death Certificate
3. Certification of Cremation from Virginia Medical Examiner
- Required outer cremation container ($100 Value)
- Supervision of VCS Direct Cremation by certified VCS Cremation Technician
- Cremated remains returned to next of kin in a temporary container or urn purchased by family
(May be mailed for a fee, or picked up in Fredericksburg)
Total price of $1095.00
- VCS Options: Upgrade your VCS Direct Cremation by adding a decorative urn, witnessing of the cremation, mailing of the urn to the family, or special cremation jewelry.
- For Veterans: VCS provides free shipping of cremated remains to a National Cemetery of your choice and presents you with a VA certified American flag. After you create a log in and sign up for our service, you may upload the DD-214 to the system and submit it to a cremation specialist.
For more information, see our Veterans Benefit page.