Crafting an Obituary
Virginia Cremation Service offers a complementary obituary on our website to every family we have the honor of serving. If you would like to write the obituary on your own, or if you need our help, please let us know. It can be submitted and added to our site at any time.
If you are submitting it to us for editing and publication, we will need the following information:
- Biographical Information - such as where the person worked, civic organizations they were involved in, hobbies, nicknames, where they grew up, etc.
- Family information - who they were survived by, who they were preceded in death by and their relationships
- Service information - including time, date, and location
- Special messages - some families like to thank people or organizations, like hospice, in obituaries
- Memorial donations - Instead of flowers or gifts, some families appreciate memorial donations be made to an organization or charity in their loved one's name.
- Photograph - if you wish for one to be added to our site with the obituary